Please read and check the box at the bottom of page.
We are pleased that you have selected Amanda Valentine Photography for your studio or on location photography services. Amanda Valentine Photography is honored to photograph you and your family in our unique artistic style. This letter sets forth the terms and conditions of our engagement.
Session Fee is $350.00
- A non-refundable session fee of $175.00 is due on the date that the CLIENT session is first scheduled. Amanda Valentine PHOTOGRAPHY SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE CLIENT SESSION DATE OR TO GIVE IT TO ANOTHER CLIENT IF IT DOES NOT RECEIVE THE SESSION FEE one week before THE CLIENT SESSION IS SCHEDULED. The fee shall be good for services performed on the originally scheduled date. In the event that the CLIENT need to re-schedule that date, pricing and our availability to provide services on such date will be reviewed. In the event of a cancelation, the CLIENT session fee will be honored for one year. Amanda Valentine Photography makes no guarantee that it will be able to provide services or the pricing above for any re-scheduled session.
- Only the person being photographed may attend the session; provided, however, that in the case of children and infants, up to 2 parents may also attend. Parents attending sessions are kindly asked to adhere to any instructions from the photographer and to refrain from interfering with the photographer’s work. Personal assistance, nanies, caregivers, friends and siblings may not attend sessions unless they are being photographed. ABSOLUTELY NO PHOTOGRAPHIC, VIDEO, FILM, DIGITAL, TAPE, CASSETTE, OR RECORDING DEVICES OF ANY KIND ARE PERMITTED DURING A SESSION.
- Amanda Valentine Photography reserves the right to terminate any session due to any failure of the client to adhere to the requirements set forth in this Agreement or if the model(s) being photographed are unwilling to be photographed or if anyone in the session is behaving in a manner that the photographer deems inappropriate or inconsistent with the purposes of the session. In the event of any such termination, Amanda Valentine Photography may offer to schedule a new session in its soled indiscretion; provided, however, that it is under no obligation to do so. Under no circumstances will the session fee be refunded.
- Parties being photographed must be dressed, made up and prepared at the exact designated start time. Sessions will begin and end promptly as scheduled. Additional photographer and studio time may be purchased in half-hour increments for $75 per half-hour (photographer availability and schedule permit ting). Photographer/ Owner captures the “essence” of the CLIENT children; the finer details (combed hair, clean faces, jewelry etc.) are the parents’ responsibility. Removing these items before the session will be much simpler and more cost effective for the client.
- We offer light retouching services. Additional time will be billed at a rate of $75.00 per hour. (Removal of jewelry, wrinkles, tan-lines, etc…)
- ALL PRINTS MUST BE PAID FOR IN FULL. ALL SUCH PAYMENTS ARE FINAL AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE. It is recommended that the CLIENT prepare lists of the types and quantities of prints that the CLIENT expect to order. While the CLIENT is free to add items to the CLIENT order, any removal of items in this order, once the CLIENT have left the studio, will incur a $75.00 fee which will be billed at the time the CLIENT portraits arrive. After the CLIENT images have been delivered, all edited images will be available for download for six months and unedited images will be purged. Images can be unarchived for $300.00.
- The CLIENT will be notified when the CLIENT images are ready for download, at that time, the CLIENT will be provided with a web link to download. While we anticipate that images will be ready in approximately 2-3 weeks, Amanda Valentine Photography makes no guarantee in this regard. Rush orders can be placed for an additional charge of $150.
- Amanda Valentine Photography is not responsible or liable for any failure to provide any services due to any act of God, weather event, act of government or any other occurrence, act or event which is outside of Amanda Valentine Photography’s exclusive control. In addition, Amanda Valentine Photography shall not be responsible for equipment failure or the failure of any software or other computer or electronic medium which results in any damage to any proofs, negatives, prints or photos or which result in the inability to print or duplicate any of the foregoing.
- Amanda Valentine Photography shall have the right to use all negatives, proofs, photos, prints and all images and likeness there on in connection with its display and marketing efforts and the CLIENT grant to Amanda Valentine Photography a royalty free, fully paid and irrevocable license to use all such materials for its commercial and artistic purposes and the CLIENT represent that the CLIENT have the authority to grant the same.
- The photographs produced by Amanda Valentine Photography are protected by Federal Copyright Law (all rights reserved) and may not be reproduced in any manner without Amanda Valentine Photography’s explicit written permission. It is a breach of this agreement to not only reproduce the images, but to display them on social networking sites (Facebook.com, Instagram, etc). If displayed on social networking sites, photos must say photos by Amanda Valentine Photography somewhere visible on the photo or on the information tab below each single photo. Upon GALLERY distribution or images purchased off the CLIENT online web gallery, limited copyright ownership of the resulting images will be transferred to the CLIENT under the following conditions:
The photographic images are the property of CLIENT for personal use and for the purpose of the reproduction and giving of photographs to friends and relatives.
The CLIENT must obtain written permission from and compensate Amanda Valentine Photography prior to the CLIENT or the client’s friends and relatives publishing or selling the photographs for profit.
- Requests for photographic images to be used by Amanda Valentine Photography may be requested at a future time. The CLIENT grants Amanda Valentine Photography permission to display selected images resulting from this assignment as an example of Amanda Valentine Photography’s work and for entrance into photographic competitions and release all claims to profits that may arise from use of images. If client’s photo is requested to be used in any print or online publication, they will discuss this with Amanda Valentine Photography. Amanda Valentine Photography grants client limited rights to use the images in marketing materials with specifications that photo by Amanda Valentine Photography. is listed on the image/article. If client requests to use the image in the distribution of products such as but are not limited to posters, clothing, etc a 5% compensation rate of the total number of sales will apply unless otherwise agreed upon in writing.
- The CLIENT hereby grants Amanda Valentine Photography and its legal representatives and assigns, the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of the CLIENT or in which the CLIENT may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising and any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. The CLIENT hereby releases Amanda Valentine Photography and its legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liability relation to said photographs.
- In the unlikely event that the photographer is injured or becomes too ill to photograph the event, Amanda Valentine Photography will make every effort to secure a replacement photographer. If the situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. Amanda Valentine Photography takes the utmost care with respect to exposure, transportation, and processing the photographs. However, in the unlikely event that photographs have been lost, stolen, or destroyed for reasons within or beyond Amanda Valentine Photography’s control, Amanda Valentine Photography liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. The limit of liability for a partial loss of originals shall be a prorated amount of the exposures lost based on the percentage of total number of originals.
- Weather Policy, In the event of weather conditions that are out of our control: If the client has been contacted and advised to reschedule due to the photographer’s concerns about weather, and the client still proceeds with the session and it rains, limiting the time and or photos that were able to be taken, the client will be charged for an additional session at the photographer’s hourly rate to reschedule or shoot additional photos. Due to Photography equipment, it is up to the photographer’s discretion if bad weather persists to cancel the session, during the session. If the client has been contacted and advised to reschedule due to the photographer’s concerns about weather, and the client decides to go ahead and reschedule, the client will not be charged to do so. The client will then be put on first alert for their engagement session and able to have their session even on non-session days.
- The CLIENT agrees to be responsible for any damage occurring to any of Amanda Valentine Photography’s equipment or property during or as a result of the event or the actions of any session attendees, or as a result of any condition or occurrence at a non-location session which results in damage, other than damage which results solely from Amanda Valentine Photography’s negligence.
- While Amanda Valentine Photography strives to provide its clients with the utmost in photography services, Amanda Valentine Photography is, first and foremost, an art studio with an established style and reputation. While Amanda Valentine Photography regularly works with its clients to deliver photographs which will meet their individualized needs, Amanda Valentine Photography reserves the right to exercise full artistic control over the nature, number and types of pictures it shots.
Again, we look forward to combining Amanda Valentine Photography’s unique art and style with yours to produce a rewarding experience and set of photographs. If you agree with the terms of this Agreement, please indicate in the space provided below.